Are you looking to make the next step in your career? Come work for one of the world's premier pharmaceutical companies. Apply here! Job Title:
Bench Scientist I Job Summary
- BioMedicine Design (BMD) department is seeking a contractor in the Molecular Design, Profiling and Production group supporting the development of an antibody properties database to gain a greater understanding of chemical liabilities.
- The scientist will be generating experimental data for a library of rational designed antibodies to support computational modeling effort.
- In addition, the qualified scientist will be responsible for additional biophysical characterizations to ensure these variants retain the desired stability criteria.
Education & Qualifications
- Molecular assessment of the rational design variants using various biophysical and analytics techniques such as iCE, DSC and aSEC
- Set up and carry out the forced degradation studies
- Manage the forced degradation database including protein samples inventory, protein sequences and assay results into an Excel database
- BA/BS with 1-2 years of relevant biochemistry experience
- Effective bench scientist; proficient in a range of general lab techniques including dialysis and UV spectroscopy
- Knowledgeable in biophysical techniques such as iCE, DSC and SEC
- Detail oriented and organized
- Able to grasp complex procedures and adapt appropriately
- Ability to complete experiments with limited supervision
- Experience with using Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.