job summary: Are you looking to make the next step in your career? Come work for one of the world's premier pharmaceutical companies. Apply here! Job Title:
Bench Scientist I Job Summary
- Scientist Cell Based Assays
- This scientist will be responsible for the development, qualification, validation and execution of novel cell based assays using imaging cytometry to support the rational design of biotherapeutics molecules.
- Responsible for testing drug candidates these assays in support of therapeutic targets.
- This is an opportunity to join a research laboratory using cutting edge cytometry and mass spec technology to enable BioTx Translation Sciences.
Education & Qualifications
- Candidate will apply expertise and knowledge of, cell culture, cellular functions assay, and flow and/or cell imaging-based technologies to develop and validate a quantitative cell based assays.
- Development and implementation of novel cellular in vitro assays
- Maintain and characterize primarily cells
- Measure internalization kinetics and intracellular trafficking of labeled molecules
- Analysis, interpretation and documentation of complex data
- Responsible for eWorkwork record keeping
- Responsible for QC and peer review of raw data, results and final reports
- B.S. (>5 years), or M.S. (>2 years) relevant scientific field with a focus on cell culture
- Pharmaceutical or biotech experience in development, characterization, and implementation of quantitative biomarker/biomeasures.
- Expertise in Cell Culture with cell lines and primary cells.
- Demonstrated expertise in the development and use of cell based assays and related methods including experimental design and instrumentation demonstrated by delivery and interpretation of data.
- Ability to design and interpret complex experiments and analysis of complex data sets.
- Experience with cellular imaging and/or imaging cytometry/microscopy method development
- Background in cellular biology, biochemistry, immunology or related field.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely interpret and communicate complex data
How we define quality:
- Experience with Amnis Image Stream
- Expertise and knowledge in operation of modern flow cytometry platforms, associated data/LIMS systems.
- Experience in intracellular trafficking of molecules/ intra-cellular staining with fix/perm procedures
- Antibody-dye conjugation/reagent experience
- Right experience, expertise and ability to proactively apply it to our problem with a
- Can do positive, approach in execution of the work.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and/or consistently execute cell based assay
- Demonstrated ability to stain cells for different markers using labelled Ab and interpret the data
- Good communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
location: Andover, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $30.19 - 35.52 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.