job summary: Are you looking to make the next step in your career? Come work for one of the world's premier pharmaceutical companies. Apply here! Job Title:
Bench Scientist I Job Summary
- The Inflammation & Immunology (I&I) research unit is seeking a bench scientist to help deliver novel therapeutics to patients based on a profound understanding of disease mechanisms and target biology.
- This is a lab-based position in a fast-paced, data driven group within a premier pharmaceutical company.
- The position is based in Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA.
- The successful applicant will be required to perform basic functions related to generating data in a biological laboratory setting, and in analyzing and recording these data.
Education & Qualifications
- Regularly generate experimental data
- Carry out cell culture experiments, including with primary human cells and tissues
- Screen limited numbers of compounds in disease-relevant assays
- Faithfully record experiments in electronic notebook form
- Work with colleagues to identify and bring new assays and technologies into the group/department
- Participate in multiple projects simultaneously within and outside the colleague's immediate group
- B.A. or B.S. in Immunology, Molecular/Cell Biology, Biochemistry or related field required
- Prior experience in molecular biology and cell culture techniques, including transfection, RNA isolation, Taqman, and Western blotting, strongly desired
- General knowledge of microscopy, immunofluorescence methods, and FACS preferred
- Expertise in using data analysis and presentation applications (e.g., Graphpad Prism, Microsoft Office applications) required
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $30.29 - 35.63 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.