Are you looking to make the next step in your career? Come work for one of the world's premier pharmaceutical companies. Apply here! Job Title:
Bench Scientist I Job Responsibilities
Education & Qualifications
- Cell Culture Technical Specialist
- The candidate will be working with a team of scientists to help develop a cell culture and purification process for a specific portfolio thereapeutic protein molecule.
- The candidate will be mainly assisting in performing various assays to assess the productivity and product quality of of the material generated from cell culture and purification processes.
- The candidate will be assisting in executing various cell culture and purification process related experimentation.
- The candidate will be helping with running various assays to assess the productivity and product quality attributes of the molecule. These assays including western blots, octet, RP-HPLC, size exclusion chromatography (SEC), HCP and glycan analysis etc.
- When required, the candidate will also be working closely with the scientists to perform cell maintainance and conduct cell culture experiments in shakeflasks, bioreactors, miniature bioreactors (ambr15) etc.
- When required, the candidate will also be working with purification scientist to assist with development/refinment of filteration and chromatophagy steps including, but not limited to, anion-exchange chromatography (AEX), cation-exchange chromatography (CEX), hydrophobic interaction chromatography, ultrafilteration and diafilteration etc.
- BS/BA or MS/MA in Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biology or equivalent, plus 0-2 year's industrial experience required.
- The candidate should be able to perform aseptic cell culture and molecular biology assays including western blots, octet and qRT-PCR.
- Preferred skill sets include experience in performing RP-HPLC, SEC, AEX and CEX.
- The candidate should be able to communicate effectively with scientists
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.