Salary: $55K - $60K - Bonus - 10%
Must have experience handling day labor temps 30-60 temps approximately and the headcount will fluctuate daily.
Shift: 2 nd & 3 rd shift (2 openings) Location: Schaumburg
____________________________________________________________________ Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education, Skills and Experience: Education:
- Maintains a high standard of quality for the products produced and adheres to company/customer specifications.
- Complies with product scheduling needs.
- Focuses on material usage.
- Facilitates the controlling of inventory by properly using Ross system and monitoring the use of Ross by employees.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of the product.
- Analyzes topping operations and assist workers with resolutions.
- Maintains and monitors process control paperwork in accordance with HACCP recommendations, including but not limited to: SPC weight control.
- Confers with other Leads and Supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Abides by and enforces Standard Operating Procedures.
- Supervises the department function and processes.
- Supervises department for compliance with established policies and objectives of the company and contributions in attaining objectives.
- Oversees the work activities and professional training and development of 39-100 direct reports.
- Works with Coordinator and/or Manager to attain goals, carry out strategies, plans, and policies to increase profitability and success of the Company.
- Implements and enforces policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Assists in developing and carrying out department's goals, objectives, and systems.
- Conducts interviews, appraisal performances, on boarding, and disciplinary meetings including terminations.
- Approves payroll and amends Source Time errors for hourly employees.
- Fills out appropriate paperwork, i.e. hiring, termination, replacement, performance evaluations, accident reports, vacation requests, and counseling forms.
- Monitors employee's adherence to company rules and policies and takes necessary corrective action if needed.
- Assists in reviewing and maintaining crewing levels and optimizing to meet or surpass NPF cost targets.
- Suggests ways to control labor and supply costs as well as improve processes.
- Ensures that all work activities are performed with attention to the highest standards for quality, safety and compliance with all appropriate legal and food safety requirements and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Follows all company policies & procedures as well as the GMP's (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free work place.
- Reports any unsafe or hazardous work conditions or safety-related issues to Management.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Operations Management or related field preferred.
- Associate's Degree Required.
- Three (3) years Food Manufacturing Experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year Supervisory experience.
- Previous experience in a food facility preferred.
- Ability to establish trust and credibility with employees.
- Ability to influence and promote change on all levels of the organization.
- Sound technical skills, logical ability, and strong problem analysis and resolutions skills with a strong operational focus.
- Ability to demonstrate discretion and business ethics.
- Ability to gather and analyze all types of data, identify the appropriate relationships between the different data anticipate business directions and recommend fact based decisions.
- Prioritize and successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously with aggressive deadlines.
- Good interpersonal, as well as strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of diverse individuals within the plant and corporate environments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a plant production environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job in the plant, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles. Employee may be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures that range from below zero (0) degrees Fahrenheit to over ninety (90) degrees Fahrenheit. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. While in the plant, the employee is required to utilize the required personal protective equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.