Regulatory Specialist Job Responsibilities Provide Regulatory Support for Current Products and Development Projects
Implement New Regulations and Guidances
- Execute strategy and provide regulatory support and input. Deliver projects and other initiatives to progress current product portfolio by providing regulatory direction and support to stakeholders. Demonstrate strong project management skills by ensuring project deliverables and timelines are met.
- Collect and collate data required for registration submissions.
- Prepare submission packages for the appropriate Regulatory Agency.
- Correspond with the appropriate Federal or State Agency regarding registration submissions.
- Maintain internally & externally facing databases to support ingredient disclosure, import, transport, distribution & disposal regulations.
- Ensure e-commerce & retailer regulatory requirements are maintained.
Support Infrastructure and Systems Integration
- Assess impact of new regulations and guidances. Work with stakeholders to implement requirements within specified timelines. Keep current with all relevant guidances and regulations while monitoring any changes that occur which may impact the current business. Assess and communicate all requirements to stakeholders in order to maintain compliance without delay to business due to regulatory issues. Adjust and monitor timelines to support the business.
Gain Understanding of Legislative and Regulatory Climate
- Contribute to supporting a high quality and effective infrastructure to meet the regulatory requirements which support the launch of associated products within RB NA. Execute systems integration for optimal functionality and use. Contribution to infrastructure (processes, procedures, systems etc.) to be made within agreed upon timelines. Deliver project and brand specific activities assuring they are correct, complete and on-time including registrations, submissions, licensure, etc. Support several internal and external processes for regulatory compliance.
Education & Qualifications
- Understand how the government operates and key touch points can access to influence policy development. Monitor trade associations and task forces that support the company. Monitor ongoing legislative and competitive developments. Monitor and gain an understanding of new policies and objectives involving federal and local government affairs. Review trade association materials (newsletters, meeting minutes, agenda items) to gain an understanding of where influencing opportunities exist.
- BS degree required in chemistry, biology or other natural sciences.
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in consumer products industry is preferred
- High attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Ability to establish close communications and working relationship with cross functional teams to meet business objectives
- Ability to work with uncertainties and effect innovative solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiating, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivated
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail. Strong project management skills is required
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.