Metabolics Medical Science Liaison Position Description
- The MSL is a field based scientific expert that strategically supports the research and business objectives of a designated therapeutic area across the product life cycle.
- This position will support Pancreatology therapeutic area, with territory to include the states of Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Connecticut.
- MSLs are the primary communicators of science within a specific geography with healthcare professionals.
- MSLs are the field scientific experts on given disease states and treatment options within a designated therapeutic area.
- They combine strong business acumen, clinical expertise, market awareness, and serve as a conduit of information both externally and internally to a cross functional customer base internally within.
- Based on therapeutic needs and product life cycles, teams may focus on certain responsibilities to a greater or lesser degree, including clinical development and pipeline support.
- Supports research initiatives across development at the request of R&D to include, but not limited to, site evaluation and identification, recruitment, investigator meetings, external expert identification, and external collaboration management.
- Identifies, gains access to, and develops professional relationships with external experts (EEs) in therapeutic areas within assigned geography.
- Routinely communicates field insights to internal business partners. Provides education relative to disease state and products across the product lifecycle to healthcare providers and researchers.
- Continually educates self on market issues/trends and product knowledge as it pertains to specific business responsibilities in key therapeutic areas.
- Works with in-field teams to develop and execute a territory plan designed to support and meet shared business objectives.
- Inputs and maintains internal database as it relates to HCP interactions in respective geography.
- Marketplace preparation in new therapeutic areas of interest, which includes creating awareness and relationships for in the Medical community.
- Serves as a scientific resource to commercial partners as appropriate to support activities such as Medical Congress staffing, Advisory Boards, and training initiatives.
- Efficient and responsible use of resources, including financial decisions.
- The MSL is accountable for providing and supporting clinical information needs within an assigned geography and supporting the MSL team and corporate needs by meeting targeted goals relevant to specific EEs MSLs provide support for strategic clinical initiatives, executes a territory business plan and team tactical plan supporting business needs, meets assigned project deadlines, and achieves annual functional goals.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and Procedure.
- Advanced degree required (i.e. Pharm D, MD/DO, PhD, PA or NP, BSN) in a relevant scientific discipline. Doctorate strongly preferred in a health science or clinical discipline. Significant industry experience in relevant therapeutic area may be accepted in lieu of education requirements.
- At least 2 years of clinical, scientific/research, or industry related experience or equivalent required.
- Previous pharmaceutical industry experience within relevant scientific discipline preferred.
- Must possess advanced problem solving and analytic skills to be able to identify, and translate specific territory and corporate needs, into an action that will achieve objectives.
- Must be willing to travel up to 75% of the time.
- MUST meet health care industry representative (HCIR) credentialing requirements to gain entry into facilities and organizations that are in your assigned territory, such as, background checks, drug screens, and proof of immunization/vaccination for various diseases.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.