Bench Scientist I Job Summary
- BioMedicine Design's Endogenous Antibody Discovery Group is seeking a scientist to design, implement and optimize immunization protocols for therapeutic antibody programs. The candidate will be primarily responsible for implementing established immunization protocols to immunize large cohorts of rodents (both wild-type and human V-region transgenic) and to evaluate their immune responses. Animals with the best titers will be selected for antibody isolation using hybridoma technology as well as with microfluidics platforms. The role also requires a significant contribution to technology development in the area of evaluating new immune adjuvants, new vectors for DNA electroporation, and evaluating the immune response of engineered rodent strains. The selected candidate will work in close coordination with Endogenous Antibody Discovery Group scientists to coordinate immunization workflows with all group antibody discovery efforts.
Education & Qualifications
- Implementation of established immunization workflows in coordination with multiple therapeutic projects and with the company Comparative Medicine scientists
- Evaluation of new immunization strategies to elicit diverse panels of antibodies from immunized rodents
- Evaluation of immune titers in sera
- Attention to details, exceptional organizational skills and ability to track multiple projects in parallel
- Preparation and delivery of detailed presentations, both written and verbal, to project teams
- Effective communication and coordination of work in highly matrixed project team environment
- Bachelors Degree
- Handling and dosing of mice
- Molecular biology experience to enable generation of vectors for DNA electroporation
- Experience with antibody discovery from primary B cells such as hybridoma generation and/or single B cell cloning
- Evaluation of serum immune responses by ELISA, cell-based ELISA and flow cytometry
- Experience evaluating immune adjuvants, with understanding of their mechanism of action
- Experience with immunogen preparation, including validation of protein antigens, engineered and native cell lines, and DNA vectors
- Background with hands-on experience dosing animals, or animal husbandry.
- Experience with molecular biology.
- Basic understanding of immune responses and B cell biology preferred.
- Experience with Biotherapeutic lead generation from immunized hosts strongly preferred.
- Experience with rabbits and hamsters preferred.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.