Statistician III Job Summary
We are looking for a motivated and experienced statistician with a solid background in nonclinical statistics, strong consulting skills, and an interest in collaborating with research scientists in drug discovery and development. He/She will work closely with research scientists seeking to discover new medicines in a variety of therapeutic areas by supporting the design and analysis of preclinical experiments covering all aspects of drug discovery from disease target identification, pharmacology studies, animal model development, biomarker development and demonstration of proof of concept. The focus will be on both "platform" approaches (ie ensuring robust assay methods) as well as specific project approaches. The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in understanding drug target biology in order to provide effective statistical consultation with biological scientists. Job Responsibilities
Education & Qualifications
- Collaborate with preclinical scientists across research units (Immunology & Inflammation, Internal Medicine, Rare Disease, CTI) to design, analyze and present experiments.
- Bring innovative statistical thinking and methods to help drive the enhanced quantitative drug discovery and development paradigm within the company.
- Ensure rigorous approaches are taken to ensure good scientific practices are followed: excellent statistical methods utilized and documented in protocols, analysis plans and manuscripts, and assay methods are appropriately blinded, randomized and designed to meet clear objectives.
- Serve as a core member of scientific teams responsible for determining strategy and delivering results in a timely and high quality manner.
- Work with scientists to understand the biology and improve existing biomarkers, endpoints, derive new endpoints, and develop 'fit-for-purpose' statistical models.
- Use statistical expertise to prepare both internal and external reports, presentations and manuscripts, with the aim to improve the quality of internal decision making and increase our influence on the external environment.
- Where possible, standardize processes and methodologies within and possibly across therapeutic areas may include developing statistical tools to aid scientists in standardize analyses.
- Provide statistical expertise on regulatory submissions and ensure quality of deliverables.
- PhD in Statistics/Biostatistics and at least 3-5 years of pharmaceutical experience or a MS in Statistics/Biostatistics and at least 5-8 years of pharmaceutical experience
- Strong pre-clinical and non-clinical experience is required
- Must have strong technical competence.
- Capability to provide statistical leadership to cross-functional teams.
- Sound understanding of design of experiments, assay development, and statistical applications for pre-clinical research
- Interest in biology, graduate level training preferred.
- Good knowledge of drug development regulations pertinent to statistical analysis
- Preferred candidates will have good computational skills in SAS, R, or S-Plus.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.