job summary: Sr. Scientist I (Translational Medicine) Job Summary
A molecular biologist to be an integral part of the Biomarker Technology Pharmacodynamic (PD) Laboratory, and will be responsible for execution of clinical sample processing, in vitro experiments, including tissue culture, biological assays, western blotting, ELISA, FACs, molecular biology and generally supporting the Biomarker Technology teams in evaluating biomarkers with clinical samples.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities
- Receive and process clinical samples, conduct PD assays including protein quantification, basophil assay, kinase occupancy.
- Ensuring proper deidentification and ICF compliance from clinical sites. Monitor clinical sample inventory; maintain associated records including sample requisition/disposition forms, etc.
- Design and independently execute tissue culture and biological assays, molecular biology including DNA/RNA prep, western blotting, ELISA, spectrophotometry and microscopy.
- Investigate, identify and optimize relevant protocols. Develop new protocols or assess new technologies when needs arise.
- Interpret and analyze data, draw conclusions from individual experiments and design follow-up studies when needed.
- Maintain records of experiments and presentation of data to teams
- Provide technical support for scientific staff.
- Ensure proper technology transfer to CRO; participation in CRO assessment and design/execution of assay validation.
- Maintain laboratory in functional order; ensuring equipment service and reagents are up-to-date.
qualifications: Education & Qualifications
- PhD or BS/MS with 8-10 years of experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology or related fields
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to problem solving and work in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent organization skills with attention to details.
- Knowledge of GCP practice and working experience in an GCP environment high preferred.
- Hands-on experience with the execution of in vitro experiments, including immunoassays, biochemical assays, cell-based assays, tissue culture, and molecular biology techniques. Must be knowledgeable of use of analytical software and equipment for these methodologies.
- Expertise in establishment of primary cell cultures.
- Experience with pharmacodynamic assay development, validation and execution
- Experience using LIMS is a plus.
- Working experience with clinical samples, and basic understanding of clinical trials preferred.
skills: Assay Development, In Vitro, Cell Cultures
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.