Development Specialist II Job Responsibilities
Education & Qualifications
- Complete assigned activities relating to design/interpretation of scientific experiments in downstream process development
- Works directly with other scientists, analytical staff, and quality groups internally to assure completion of delegated tasks that provided results are on-time, documented, technically sound and robust.
- Performs in-process analytical instrument measurements of e.g. pH, conductivity, protein concentration by spectroscopic methods, SDS-PAGE.
- Develop effective relationships with scientific and operations staff to understand lab needs
- Maintain the downstream lab using the 5S organization methodology by using appropriate equipment safety signage, labeling of parts/supplies use/location.Collaborates within team and department in order to follow best practices for lab operations.
- MS (1+ years) or BS (3+ years) in Chemical Engineering/Biological Engineering/Biochemistry/ Chemistry or related disciplines.
- Fundamental understanding of protein separation theories and practices is required.
- Purification process development experience in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry is highly desired.
- Knowledge of protein purification, protein stability and hands experience with chromatography systems and small-scale UF/DF and filtration are preferred.
- Candidates must possess good organizational skills and strong attention to details, excellent experimental/troubleshooting aptitude, and be self motivated.
- Critical qualities include a high degree of initiative, good verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment while being able to prioritize.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving abilities with a strong work ethic and dedication to completion of assignments
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.