Job Title: Business Development Manager
- Develop and implement the sales strategy and plan.
- Promote, position, and sell Products and Services to distributors, hospitals, and other target markets.
- Represent company at professional meetings, conferences, seminars and related networking events to identify new business opportunities.
- Achieve sales and gross margin targets by delivering on both volume and price targets set in annual sales plan. Provide monthly updates.
- Prepare and deliver client-specific presentations to respond to client needs.
- Visit 10-15 prospective or current customers per month within regional area.
- Contribute to and maintain marketing materials and company website.
- Be knowledgeable of industry trends, and competitor offerings.
- Perform other duties or special projects as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, or related scientific degree.
- 5+ years of experience in capabilities focused, science-based selling.
- Advanced knowledge of diagnostic stains and laboratory reagents.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements; experience with pricing and proposal models; and ability to direct development of marketing peripherals, literature, and website.
- Proven ability to conceptualize and successfully execute an annual sales plan to deliver sales growth.
- Strong presentation, organization and analytical skills.
- Experience influencing and connecting multiple decision makers and stakeholders with varying degrees of influence and personality types.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of management within the Company and outside customers/vendors.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.