Lab Technician I Job Summary
Education & Qualifications
- We are currently seeking a highly motivated full time student who wants to be a part of the Oncology to help bring novel cancer therapeutics to patients.
- The ideal student will integrate into ongoing research programs, and will assist staff in small molecule drug discovery efforts through their participation in insect cell and E.coli protein expression, as well as micro-expression screening.
- The student must be able to perform routine tasks in a research environment related to protein production with minimal supervision: manage their time, collect and analyze data, make calculations, prepare reports, keep records, and make independent decisions.
- Minimum experience 1 year of chemistry with labs and outside industry lab experience a plus.
- Full time student with at least one year of chemistry experience with labs
- Cell culture experience
- Protein purification
- Pippetting/buffer prep
- Prefer students UCSD
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.