job summary: Job Title:
Bench Scientist I Job Summary
- The Quality Control Analytical group is seeking a highly motivated candidate to provide testing support for the commercial Polysaccharide product in the cGMP quality control analytical testing laboratory. The testing includes various instrumental techniques including UV-VIS, HPLC, SEC-MALLS and NMR. The candidate will also be expected to support other QC Analytical business activities, as needed. B.S. in Biology, Chemistry or related scientific discipline with a minimum of 2 years of related laboratory experience.
Education & Qualifications
- Perform analytical testing of product samples
- Identify basic technical issues, atypical or out-of-specifications test results, instrument malfunctions and methodology problems, and participate in investigations for resolution and correction.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts within QC Analytical. Utilize continuous improvement tools.
- Record and maintain all related data and records in adherence to cGMP and quality procedures.
- Perform laboratory support functions and maintain work area in a neat and orderly manner.
- Perform work in a manner consistent with company safety policies and procedures.
- Participate in company culture based programs.
- Most daily interactions will be with other QC Scientists
- Regular meetings with QC Manager
- Occasional interaction with other functions: Manufacturing Operations, Quality Assurance, Instrument Validation, Investigation Support
- B.S. in Biology, Chemistry or other related scientific degree with 2 years experience
- Preferred laboratory experience includes UV-VIS, HPLC, SEC-MALLS and NMR
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of cGMP and industry standards
- Proficiency with computer systems (Microsoft Office applications, LIMS, etc.).
- Experience working in cGMP USP/EP/JP, regulatory environment strongly preferred
- Normal lifting, sitting, standing and walking requirements to facilitate testing in a laboratory environment.
- Position is first shift Monday through Friday. Some off hour (night/weekend/holiday) testing will be required to support manufacturing operations.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
location: Andover, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $30.19 - 35.52 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.