Bench Scientist I Job Summary
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in laboratory research, and a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role. This position will join a team of scientists across multiple sites focused on characterizing and optimizing recombinant viral vector production. The job function requires judgment and innovation to achieve a solution with complex practices and procedures. Responsibilities will include conducting experiments and tests as part of a variety of research and development activities, e.g., small-scale studies, executing research plans. The incumbent will be expected to summarize, evaluate the study results, and test new hypotheses to improve the fundamental understanding of upstream cell culture processes.
Education & Qualifications
- Executes experiments involving molecular characterization of recombinant viral vector production
- Uses sound scientific practices for hypothesis testing with appropriate controls
- Design/adapt assays for molecular characterization.
- Perform bench top analytical methods to monitor cell growth, metabolites, and analyze productivity of cultures.
- Prepare samples for analysis for both internal and external shipment to outside laboratories
- Record laboratory data in accordance with Pfizer's policy's
- MS +5 years or PhD +0 years in virology, molecular biology, or other biological science
- The candidate should have strong background in mammalian cell culture, molecular biology and protein characterization.
- The candidate should have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment are essential for the position.
- Extensive hands on experience with molecular assays (qPCR, western blot, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to execute detailed experimental plans, record procedures, and analyze data
- Statistical experimental design and analysis is a benefit.
- Deep knowledge in biological sciences
- Good technical skills
- Understanding/knowledge of PCR & Western Blot
- Go-getter/self-starter Benefits
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.