job summary: Clinical Coordinator (Remote) Job Summary
The phone-based adherence nurse works closely with assigned patients, Company field sales organization, Clinical Coordinators, and Company RareConnections personnel to support adherence-related activities for patients enrolled in RareConnections. In this role, the adherence nurse interacts (primarily by phone) with assigned patients to support compliance with the clinic's protocol for continuation of Kuvan therapy, advocates for patient needs, conducts patient-level education and provides pertinent information back to Account team and the clinic. For patients challenged by adhering to chronic therapy, the adherence nurse addresses specific issues that may impede successful adherence and utilizes validated methods for promoting adherence (Motivational Interviewing/health coaching).
location: San Rafael, California
job type: Contract
salary: $26.35 - 31.00 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities
- Contacts patient by phone and/or text to assist with all aspects of adherence to chronic therapy; including motivational interviewing/goal building sessions to support clinic generated treatment goals, reminders to refill medication, reminders to complete and submit necessary lab tests, clinic visit reminders, warm transfer to specialty pharmacy or RareConnections, invitation to patient events
- Work outside of regular business hours (8 am - 5 pm) may be required to reach patients and families
- Informs company affiliates of appropriate patient communications and follow-up approach on an ongoing basis
- Advocates for Patient Needs
- Assesses case-specific advocacy needs (e.g. assistance with scheduling clinic visits, completing requirements for renewal of Prior Authorization, transportation or language translation-related logistics, as other patient-specific needs identified)
- Implements integrated plan to address the patient-specific needs
- Conducts Patient-Level Education
- Addresses patient questions and perceptions about the role of the product in treating the clinical disease
- Responds to patient inquiries about RareConnections and other company-related support programs
- Evaluates patient comprehension of key product and support program information and reinforces patient-specific plans (developed by clinic)
- Supports ongoing case management
- Describes the payer-related requirements for continuation of company product (regular clinic visits, obtaining and submitting required lab testing, diet records)
- Collaborates with RareConnections to ensure the required documentation is submitted to payer in a timely manner to prevent disruption of therapy.
qualifications: Education & Qualifications
- Education and credentials as an allied health care professional (RN preferred)
- Bachelor of Science required
- 4+ years of direct patient care experience and comfort with peer-to-peer clinical discussions involving individual patient cases.
- Telephonic adherence support experience preferred.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
skills: File Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.