Associate, Outsourcing Job Summary
This individual assists in managing outsourcing for drug development programs and projects that support Pharmacological Sciences (PharmSci) and partner organizations that range from early research through the post-approval phases. This individual will partner with the associate manager of outsourcing. This individual will have a role in supporting business relationships with internal and external partners. The outsourcing associate collaborates with multiple functional areas outside of PharmSci such as compliance, legal, finance, purchasing and accounts payable. Job Responsibilities
The outsourcing associate will take ownership over many of the administrative tasks associated with outsourced projects, particularly the contracting process, while assisting with strategic management of both internal and external relationships. They will be responsible for managing outsourcing-related data and keeping updated analytics and dashboards.
Education & Qualifications
- Contracting with external partners for scientific services, from initiation through contract execution, PO issuance, and project start.
- Tracking of all outsourced projects, both through the contracting process and post-contracting project status.
- Track supplier cost and performance.
- Keep the outsourcing database clean by using good data practices.
- Work cross-functionally with scientists and internal business units in order to support outsourcing initiatives.
- Build relationships with internal and external partners.
- Willing to travel up to 10%.
- Minimum/Required: Bachelor's (BS/BA) in Biological Sciences or closely related field of study.
- 1-3 years of work experience in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, contract research organization or equivalent with 0-1 years of outsourcing, contracting, or business operations experience.
- Experience with data management/tracking; experience with contracting data or financial data is a plus.
- Previous experience working with CROs, scientists, and business development contacts is a plus.
- Experience with contracting/legal documents is a plus.
- Detail oriented and highly organized, with an understanding of the importance of accuracy and precision for contracting and tracking.
- Strong scientific background, with a basic understanding of the scientific activities that occur in pharmaceutical research and development.
- Understanding of good data practices.
- Strong interpersonal, active listening, and relationship management skills.
- Professional business verbal and written communication skills.
- Team oriented; seeks collaboration.
- Skilled in managing multiple responsibilities, priorities, tasks and projects simultaneously.
- General knowledge of drug development and working in a regulated environment.
- Comfortable with common and specialized computer software applications and technology solutions (eg, MS Office suite, Sharepoint Online, Power BI).
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.