job summary: Job Title:
Bench Scientist II Job Summary
- The successful candidate will support projects in the bio-therapeutics portfolio pipeline
Education & Qualifications
- Wet lab support using reagent characterization techniques and generation of critical reagent conjugates.
- Interfacing with the external inventory management organization to integrate information and knowledge of critical reagents, and registration and submission into the centralized inventory for life cycle inventory and resupply purposes.
- The incumbent will support operations through the generation and tracking of purchase orders and costs, organization of freezers, and uploading and managing critical reagent characterization summaries on local internet sites.
- The incumbent should have 5-10 years of experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Part lab, Part desk work
- Running and Binding assays
- Characterization techniques
- Log, Document, and transfter inventory
- Inventory organization
- Prep and transfer samples
- Make PO's and track costs
- Organize freezers
- BA is a must also accept Masters
- BA in Bio Chem, Bio, or science related
- Looking for industry experience, not academic
- Willing to learn
- Previous scientist experience
- Antibody experience would be huge plus
- Knowledge of protein characterization techniques such as ligand binding assays, SDS-PAGE, Western blot, Octet, UV Vis, and analytical SEC is a plus.
- Experience with de novo antibody generation is a plus.
- Ability to excel in a collaborative, fast paced and dynamic environment is essential.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- A flexible approach and team oriented work style will be critical to the success of the candidate.
- Good critical and strategic thinking, logical thought process, willingness to learn, troubleshoot and resolve issues and work across multiple disciplinary groups.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of biochemistry, protein interactions, antibody generation
- Flexible, able to excel in a fast paced environment
- 5 years of experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
location: Andover, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $27.28 - 32.09 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.