Sr. Research Associate, In Vivo Pharmacology Job Summary
- The Oncology team is looking for a talented and motivated in vivo pharmacologist to focus on validating new mRNA based therapies in cancer.
- The successful candidate will primarily work with in vivo tumor models and be responsible for validating the in vivo pharmacology and therapeutic utility of novel mRNA therapeutics.
- Applicants should be great team members and have a track record of independent research accomplishments.
- The ability to effectively communicate with internal team members is required.
Education & Qualifications
- Perform and/or take lead on routine in vivo pharmacology studies (including tumor growth kinetics, tolerability, anti-tumor efficacy, formulations screens, in vivoexpression, biodistribution, and pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies)
- Organize and perform all tasks associated with routine in vivo pharmacology studies (including tissue culture, preparation and identification, implantation of cancer cells/materials, preparation of test articles, dose administration and necropsy and tissue collection for downstream processing).
- Develop new mouse models of cancer to test various messenger RNA therapeutics
- Study data collection with StudyLog and analysis with GraphPad Prism software
- Matrix with internal teams on initial testing of mRNAs
- Adhere to all protocols, policies and guidelines
- Deliver reproducible results under aggressive timelines
- Independently organize experiments
- Analyze, interpret and present data
- Faithfully document scientific work; contribute to reports and presentations
- B.S. in a biological science with >2 years relevant full-time hands on in vivo experience; M.S. with >1 year relevant full-time hands on in vivo experience
- Solid background in tumor biology and pharmacology
- Expertise in the following:
o Pharmacological agent administration via iTu, IV, IP, SC, IM and PO dosing routes
o Implantation of cancer cell lines and tumor-derived material in SC space
o Collection of serum/plasma/whole blood, tissues, primary tumor material and metastases
o Mouse anesthesia/analgesia
o Animal surgeries
o Whole animal and ex vivo imaging
- Tissue/cell culture expertise
- Cell passaging, archiving for implant
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Readily adapt to change and new projects
- Expertise in the following:
o Development of advanced local, systemic, disseminated, or orthotopic syngeneic tumor models
o Expertise in performing anti-tumor efficacy and PK/PD studies across multiple syngeneic tumor models
o Experience working with patient-derived xenografts
o Bioluminescent/fluorescence imaging using an IVIS Spectrum In Vivo Imaging System and Living Image software
o Advanced necropsy and tissue collection
- Must be able to work weekends on a rotating schedule
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.