job summary: Job Title:
Process Development Technician I Job Summary
- The GTx Pilot Facility process technician will be part of a diverse team of scientists, and engineers focused on the scale up and optimization of gene therapy processes to enable the production of toxicology drug substance and process development material in support of the Gene Therapy portfolio.
Education & Qualifications
- Duties and responsibilities will include set up, execution, and evaluation of non-GMP unit operations such as bioreactors, centrifugation, filtration, chromatography, ultrafiltration/diafiltration and final fill.
- Additional responsibilities will include executing aseptic sampling, parts washing, solution preparation, inventory management, documentation, work order generation, and data entry/evaluation.
- HS diploma, Associates Degree in Biotechnology, Microbiology, Cell Biology, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or equivalent
- Prior experience in a Bio-process Pilot Plant or Commercial Manufacturing setting and knowledge of cell culture and or purification processing techniques is strongly desired.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Operational knowledge of computerized systems
- Requires 0 to 2 years experience in a laboratory or manufacturing environment (bio-process or chemical process industry). Demonstrated capability to work as a team member in a matrix environment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and demonstrated ability to interface with automated systems.
- Dedication to maintaining and operating in a safe work environment
- Ability to work independently and adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Must be capable of generating documents utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, torque tri clamp connections, and stand for long periods of time
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
location: Morrisville, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $15.15 - 17.82 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.