job summary: Job Title:
Research Associate, Mass Spectrometry Job Summary
- We are looking for a Research Associate or Senior Research Associate with a strong analytical background, particularly with regard to bio-molecules (mRNA, DNA, proteins/peptides, glycans, etc). The individual will be part of our Mass Spectrometry group and will focus on developing, optimizing, and running cutting edge LC/MS methods to characterize various bio-molecules associated with the production and testing of mRNA therapeutics.
- Relationship management with interdepartmental collaborators is a key aspect of this role, as is the ability to multitask while remaining organized. LC and/or mass spec experience is highly preferred. This role will be six months with possibility of extending.
Education & Qualifications
- Carry out routine and non-routine assays/analyses to support company-wide analytical needs
- Analyze data, generate reports, and explain results to internal customers
- Help keep the lab running smoothly: Instrument maintenance, troubleshooting, reagent/parts supply chain, etc.
- Design experiments, implement, and interpret results
- BS or MS in chemistry, biology, or a related field
- At least two years of laboratory experience
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively, as required
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with an eagerness to work with and support colleagues in other departments
- Organization and attention to detail
- (Preferred) Hands-on experience with CE, LC, and/or MS
- (Preferred) Programming and/or automation experience
- (Preferred) Familiarity with enzyme digestions
- (Preferred) Familiarity with solid phase extraction
- (Preferred) Experience with method development and optimization
- (Preferred) Innovative problem solving
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $27.76 - 32.66 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.