- Company is seeking a highly motivated scientist to join the protein biochemistry group.
- This position will support small molecule drug development within Company's discovery organization.
- We look forward to welcoming a new team member to help us prosecute novel and challenging protein targets.
location: North Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $30.00 - 34.72 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- This growing teams core responsibility is to expression, purify and characterize challenging proteins in support of crystallography, fragment discovery and high throughput biochemical screening.
- The applicant must have strong hands on laboratory skills in protein purification and characterization for a diverse set of protein classes.
- Experience with protein characterization techniques such as thermal stability, SDS-PAGE analysis, Western blotting, chromatography and ITC is preferred.
- Strong experimental design and troubleshooting skills are also required.
- Additional experience in molecular biology and/or cell culture would be considered beneficial.
- The applicant must have strong verbal and written communication skills as well as be able to effectively work as part of a dynamic and diverse team.
- Careful documentation of experimental practices and results will be required.
- BS in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biology or related field + 5 years of experience
- MS in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biology or related field + 3 years of experience,
- PhD in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biology or related field 0-3 years of experience
- Excellent protein purification and characterization skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and work independently
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good understanding of biophysical protein methods
- Molecular biology or cell culture experience
- Cell culture/fermentation experience
- Key Leadership Competencies:
- Build strong relationships with peers and across groups to enable higher performance
- Agilely adapt to new targets and methods
- Be a strong team member and better the group as a whole
skills: Protein Purification
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.