- The purpose of this position is to proofread all promotional and advertising materials while checking for consistency, grammar, spelling and style. This individual will read copy at all stages from black and white layout to the final printed piece, checking accuracy against master documents. This individual will also assist in the execution of activities in the Approval Process area of the Marketing Operations Team. Such activities may include, but are not limited to, the maintenance of approval process files and organization of Medical/Regulatory/Legal (MRL) packets and will occasionally be required to proofread package inserts and brief summaries prior to their final printing.
location: Deerfield, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $20.00 - 26.95 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
- Proofread promotional and advertising materials at all stages from copy, to proof and final for all products, Corporate, PR, and Sales Training
- Proofread documents for consistency, grammar, spelling and style in a deadline-oriented atmosphere with changing priorities
- Suggest alternatives to grammatically awkward or incorrect language
- Assist in the proofreading of package inserts and brief summaries as needed
- Maintain Proofreading Tracking System
- Assist in the maintenance of Approval Process files
- Assist in the organization, compilation and distribution of MRL review packets
- Maintain good working relationships with Marketing, Regulatory, and Medical to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
- Assist in the routing of DDMAC submissions to Regulatory Affairs and provide support with various other projects and activities in the Approval Process area as needed
- Miscellaneous duties as required
- High School Diploma
- Min. 5 years Proofreading or copy editing experience
- 3 years previous pharmaceutical experience
- Excellent communication, organizational and grammar skills
- Strong reading and language skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of Internet Explorer applications and other web based tools
- Vendor management/relationship experience
- Project management experience
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time while traveling.
skills: Editing, Proofreading
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.