job summary: Cell Line and Cell Culture Technical Specialist
The candidate will be working on employing molecular biology techniques to genetically engineer mammalian cell lines by over-expressing, knocking down or knocking out various gene targets.
- The candidate will be evaluating the engineered cells for the desired genotype and phenotype using shake flask and small scale bioreactor experiments.
- The candidate will have thorough knowledge of molecular and mammalian cell biology.
location: Andover, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $30.19 - 35.52 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Construction and verification of complex DNA vectors
- Generation and characterization of genetically engineered cell lines
- Knock-down or knock-out of gene targets using miRNA, siRNA, and CRISPR / Cas9 technology
- Assess gene expression using RT qPCR
- Perform western blot analysis to query the protein expression of various target genes.
- When required, the candidate will also be working closely with the scientists to perform cell maintenance and conduct cell culture experiments in shake-flasks, bioreactors, miniature bioreactors (ambr15) etc.
- BS/BA, MS/MA or PhD/DSc in Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Microbiology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biology or equivalent fields
- 0-2 years industrial experience preferred.
- Course work and/or past experience in the cellular metabolism is preferred.
skills: Cell Biology, Cell Cultures
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.