This position is responsible for the creation and verification of complex mammalian DNA expression vectors, as well as generation and characterization of genetically engineered mammalian cell lines.
The successful applicant will have experience in general molecular biology techniques, (ex. PCR, gateway cloning, gibson assembly) and mammalian cell culture techniques, with a focus on CRISPR mediated mammalian cell engineering. Attention to detail, as well as working in a team environment are critical to the position.
A working knowledge of mammalian cell biology techniques is also preferred. 0-3 years experience are required minimally.
location: Andover, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $30.19 - 35.52 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Creation and verification of complex mammalian DNA expression vectors
- Generation and characterization of genetically engineered mammalian cell lines.
- In silico analysis of DNA (ex. vector nti software)
- Perform transfections to overexpress, knockout or knockdown genetic engineering targets.
- BA with 3+ years of experience - prefer masters 2 years of experience - new PhD graduate
- Basic Molecular biology techniques (plasmid preparation, restriction endonuclease digestion, vector construction, PCR)
- Mammalian cell biology and cell culture techniques
skills: Molecular Biology, PCR
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.