Receives and prepares samples for laboratory analysis and tests. Prepares samples, sets up instruments, runs tests and reads, interprets and releases results. May perform a variety of client service activities for internal and external stakeholders.
location: Urbandale, Iowa
job type: Contract
salary: $15 - 19 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be proficient in at least two clinical areas including Chemistry.
- Process samples and prepare samples for send out.
- Perform all required quality control per QA guidelines.
- Train on all areas to include Specimen Processing, Chemistry, Serology, UA, Coag and Parasitology according to all SOP's.
- Enter and release results.
- Responsible for the performance of tests such as Chemistry -Olympus, T4-Olympus, CBC-Advia, Progesterone, PT, PTT, Platelet count, Reticulocytes and UA.
- Responsible for building hematology and UA loads.
- Read UA slides at a minimum rate of 45 per hour.
- In 24-hour laboratories, may also be responsible for the performance of tests such as Serology - FCV, HWAB, Accuplex, HW, and FELV.
- In 24-hour laboratories, may also be responsible for the performance of tests such as Parasitology - Giardia ELISA setup and testing and other miscellaneous test.
- Participate in all departmental training programs.
- Reconcile pending list.
- May be asked to participate in enterprise initiatives, special projects, and other duties as assigned.
- We share a collaborative obligation to ensure that we conduct ourselves in the utmost ethical manner and that we hold each other accountable to the values and standards of the organization. Every employee has the responsibility to ask questions, seek guidance, and report concerns and/or violations of company policy or ethical standards.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Associates/Bachelor's Degree in Science related field or Veterinary Technician with a minimum of 1 year clinical laboratory experience
- Laboratory skills and experience
- General science background
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Personal computer skills, strong typing ability, and knowledge of Microsoft Office
skills: Sample Preparation, Sample Testing, Sanitation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.