- The Event Planner manages and supports all operational and logistical activities for meeting and event related activities; may liase with a third-party vendor as appropriate. The Event Planner is responsible for working closely with specified clients to follow a comprehensive meetings and events calendar that aligns with business owner strategies and objectives.. This role works closely with affiliate counterparts execute successful meetings and events.
- The Event Planner is responsible for partnering with strategic business unit senior management teams to follow the meetings and events management process, identify synergies and offer best practices across all brands and therapeutic areas, and identify cost effective solutions as applicable.
location: Mettawa, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $25.00 - 28.08 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
- Utilize tracking and measurement tools to determine the qualitative and quantitative effectiveness of expenditures across all therapeutic areas.
- Maintain and report and forecast annual brand convention budgets.
- Work with procurement and the Vendor Management Team to evaluate vendor performance on an on-going basis to evaluate and communicate the value and quality of services.
- Ensure the integrity of all HCP interactions at conventions and affiliated meetings in accordance with corporate policy.
- Communication and enforcement of International Congress/Event Guidelines where applicable
- Cross collaboration with marketing brand stakeholders, financial controllers, procurement, and vendor partners.
- Liaise with cross functional stakeholders to determine program synergies/opportunities and deliver consist service and messaging across all convention programs
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communication, organization or related area focus and 3+ years of work experience
- Convention planning experience preferred - including staff & vendor management experience
- Collaborative team player
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Excellent people and communication skills, ability to operate in a cross-cultural and complex matrix environment, and ability to build consensus across functions
- Analytical and forward thinker, results oriented, self-organized and self-starter
- Results-oriented with a proven track record of results
- Adaptable & change agent in an evolving environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.