- Manages the development and implementation process of company's products and services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products.
- Estimates project levels of effort and resource requirements by using standard estimating techniques and tools, and by working with appropriate staff to understand scope of effort.
- Prepares project plans, schedules and budgets by using project management tools such as Microsoft Project and by working with appropriate staff to understand tasks necessary to complete project.
location: Lake Forest, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $20.00 - 24.40 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Directs project execution by assigning tasks, tracking project schedules, identifying risks, and developing and executing contingency plans.
- Assures project quality by using standard development methodologies and by working with SQA to develop and execute project quality plans.
- Communicates project status by preparing standard status reports, and by participating in departmental and customer project status update meetings.
- Resolves project issues by working with team members, project customers, and others as appropriate.
- Consults with internal project groups by sharing project management knowledge and assisting or mentoring more junior project leaders in project management processes and techniques.
- Bachelor's degree plus 2-5 years of related work experience with a good understanding of specified functional area, or Master's degree with 0-2 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience including certifications plus work experience.
- Does not require degree (Technical/Business Knowledge (Job Skills)) Working technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices and procedures.
- General understanding of business unit/group function.
- Will perform this job in a quality system environment.
- Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations. (Cognitive Skills)
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Has a broad knowledge of technical alternatives and an understanding of their impact on the systems environment.
skills: MS-Project, Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.