We seek a skilled and motivated scientist to work in a tight-knit team developing mRNA formulations and scaled processes. The selected candidate will contribute to a portfolio of scientific initiatives with the goal of elucidating fundamental principles behind the assembly, purification, and stabilization of mRNA delivery systems.
We seek applicants that are proactive, enthusiastic, and show a passion for science. Applicants should have exceptional time management and communications skills with strengths in experimental design and execution.
Previous experience with lipid nanoparticles (LNPs), tangential flow filtration, and chemical/biophysical characterization of nanoparticles is preferred. The position will support cross-functional teams across CMC, Research and Development, Production, and Drug Product Analytical Development
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $36.98 - 43.51 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Design and execute experiments that advance fundamental understanding of mRNA lipid nanoparticle synthesis and stabilization.
- Evaluate and scale existing and novel process modes.
- Characterize nanoparticle physicochemical properties through collaboration with the Drug Product Analytical team.
- Analyze, interpret, and document experimental data and communicate outcomes to the Drug Product team and stakeholders.
- Collect and share relevant academic literature, leverage external consultants/SMEs, and establish new collaborations with internal groups.
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science or related field with 2-5 years or MS with 0-2 years of industry experience in Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology development.
- Experience in the development of nanoparticle products and processes.
- Preferred: experience with lipid nanoparticle (LNP) preparation and optimization. Experience with tangential flow filtration.
- Experience with chemical and biophysical characterization tools for drug delivery systems.
- Motivated, detail oriented, and shows a passion for science.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment.
- Flexible, adaptable in collaborations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and communicate progress and challenges.
- Driven to complete assignments.
skills: Analytical Chemistry
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.