job summary: Scientist
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $46.37 - 54.55 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities
The primary role of this position is to support Research projects and the Proof of Concept (POC) studies by designing and conducting biophysical and biochemical experiments to describe the molecular and binding characteristics of recombinant and engineered proteins. An emphasis on knowledge and experience in protein biochemistry is necessary for this role; knowledge and experience in molecular biophysics and structural biology are desired.
The person is expected to support projects that are conducted in Discovery Therapeutics and to support POC studies by protein characterization and protein-protein interaction using HPLC, cIEF, light scattering, Biacore, ITC and other bioanalytical techniques. This person is responsible for designing and executing scientific experiments and will be working closely with other members of Analytical group.
Knowledge in biophysical properties binding characteristics of proteins is required. Knowledge and experience in biophysical instrumentations like Surface Plasma Resonance, Isothermal Calorimetry, Dynamic Light Scattering, Differential Scanning Calorimetry and isoelectric focusing is required. This person is expected to work independently as well as collaboratively with other colleagues in Analytical group to carry out research experiments using the above mentioned techniques. This person should demonstrate sound judgment in analysis of experimental data and in trouble-shooting.
Knowledge and experience in biochemical analysis and structural biology are desired.
qualifications: Education & Qualifications
- A good candidate should posses the capability of executing scientific experiments, demonstrated problem solving, and trouble-shooting skills.
- Attention to detail is required.
- A good candidate should have an excellent team oriented spirit that is demonstrated by working toward common business goals with fellow scientists.
- The candidate needs to be flexible with assignments and adaptable to the changing needs of projects and the group.
- Good communication skills are required.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
skills: Molecular Biology, HPLC, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), Protein Purification, Biostatistical Analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.