- The purpose of this position is to conduct the more complex activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts and for developing financial statements and reports. Additionally, this position participates in the preparation of certain financial analysis and assists in the preparation of budget/forecast. The Senior Financial Accounting Analyst also provides direction and training to less experienced accounting staff on an informal basis.
location: Deerfield, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $45.00 - 50.53 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Prepare financial statements, such as income and consolidated statements, balance sheets, cash flow and other reports
- Analyze accounts, financial reports, and records
- Prepare and post journal entries to accounting system
- Review and verify accuracy of journal/ledger entries
- Process, reconcile and analyze interface of operations data to the accounting system
- Participate in special accounting projects and studies
- Develops, or assists in developing, accounting methods and/or procedures through detailed accounting research of GAAP
- Provide training and guidance to less experienced analysts
- Coordinate accounting matters with other departments and external auditors
- Maintain master data elements of accounting system, SAP
- Coordination of accounting matters with parent company and other affiliates
- Prepare periodic reports for Company business partners
- Manage the monthly financial close process for assigned areas including identifying and resolving discrepancies in actual transactions in SAP versus planned activity and post correcting entries as necessary, on an ongoing basis.
- Develop detailed explanation for variances between actual and plan on a monthly basis for assigned areas.
- Design and distribute monthly reporting packages to senior management, summarizing financial results. Design and implement solutions to streamline processes and create operational efficiencies.
- Document models and processes and work to creatively and continuously improve the planning process.
- Lead semi-annual financial planning processes for assigned areas, resulting in highly accurate submissions including book page summaries and supporting analyses as required.
- Serve as financial representative on key cross-functional teams and proactively provide advisory services.
- May include team leadership activities or oversight of staff activities.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or a Bachelors degree in finance with relevant accounting coursework and 5+ years relevant accounting experience
- 5+ years of corporate accounting or finance experience or 3+ years of public accounting experience
- Company Operations - comprehensive understanding of Company's operating structure and methods including a thorough knowledge of the foreign-owned parent company
- Accounting - understanding of moderately complex accounting concepts and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Company Policies, Procedures and Process Flows - understanding of how work is done and flow of business within Company
- Information Management - comprehensive understanding of the methods and electronic tools used to store, retrieve, and process information
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated business impact in previous position(s).
- Communication - ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written in a persuasive and appropriate manner
- Technical - ability to use various types of hardware and software
- Knowledge of SAP and Cognos planning is highly desired, but not required
- CPA highly desired
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.