job summary: Medical Technologist Job Summary
Perform a wide variety of routine and complex clinical testing procedures to obtain data for use in clinical/anatomic trials research. Work is performed in a laboratory environment, full manual dexterity and visual acuity required. May be exposed to potential physical harm from hazardous chemicals, infectious diseases, blood-borne pathogens, toxic materials, toxic gases, electrical hazards, dangerous tools and equipment Must haves:
- Medical technologist certification (MT, ASCP, etc.) or the candidate has the qualifications to sit for the exam
- Flow cytometry experience a plus
- Shift flexibility - days are Tues-Sat and shifts are typically 10-6:30pm or 1-9:30pm (please note shift differential amounts will be changing in GA to align with the CA shift differential rules beginning Jan 1st, 2019).
location: Marietta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $20.76 - 24.42 per hour
work hours: 11 to 7
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities
- Perform routine and complex analysis of patient specimens according to standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Evaluate specimen acceptability upon receipt and during the review of analysis results.
- Evaluate validity of specimen results against the algorithms displayed by the lab computer system.
- Document all corrective actions taken.
- Perform secondary review of patient results when required to ensure accuracy of primary result entry.
- Provide oversight and guidance to Medical/Histo Laboratory Technicians and/or Assistants.
- Maintain quality control of all laboratory testing to ensure accurate and timely lab reporting.
- Perform pending workload review periodically during the day; find pending assays and resolve outstanding work prior to the completion of testing for the day.
- Assist in the development and writing of new Medical/Histo laboratory procedures and techniques.
- Follow safety procedures as per laboratory SOPs.
- Notify appropriate staff of supply shortages.
- Participate in continuing education through self-study, attending in-services and off-site lectures and meetings.
qualifications: Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or educational equivalent in Medical/Histo technology and 6 months relevant experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Applicable certifications and licenses as required by country, state, and/or other regulatory bodies
- Good knowledge of the Clinical or Anatomic Pathology procedures used in the area of responsibility
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Laboratory Practices (GCLP) and other regulatory agency standards within area of responsibility
- Knowledge of laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices including standard precautions and hazardous chemical handling
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment, instrumentation and terminology used in the area of responsibility
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to maintain effective reporting procedures and control workflow
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
skills: SOP, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), GCP (Good Clinical Practice), Flow Cytometry, Sample Testing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.