The qualified candidate will take an active role in supporting the discovery of new polymeric nanoparticles and liposomal formulations.
- The colleague will work with a cross-functional development team and apply a variety of analytical methodologies to support physical and chemical
- The candidate should be proficient with a breadth of analytical methodologies (e.g. chromatography, mass spectrometry, particle size analysis, calorimetry, UV-Vis and IR spectroscopy, NMR and light scattering), preferably with an expertise in one or more techniques.
location: Pearl River, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $26.19 - 30.81 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- As an analytical scientist, this colleague will be responsible for developing analytical strategies and analytical methods for characterization of nanoparticle formulations and critical excipients (e.g. polymers).
- Developing and applying methodologies for measuring in vitro release and stability of encapsulated drug from nanoparticles.
- Perform various experiments for characterization and quantitation of small molecule APIs as well as macromolecules such as functional polymers with high degree of independence.
- Document laboratory work that is detailed, timely, and in compliance with oncology research unit documentation requirements. This colleague should have a demonstrated ability to learn new techniques, solve complex analytical problems, prepare technical reports and evaluate new instrumentation or analytical techniques.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, the ability to multitask, and effective interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Keep abreast of scientific/ technological development by participating in scientific meetings/ seminars and through regular scientific review.
- BS (5-7 years), MS (3-5 years) or Ph.D. (0-5 years) in Analytical Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, or chemistry related fields.
- Knowledge and prior experience with HPLC/UPLC and SEC with focus on small molecule and polymer characterization is required.
- Knowledge and experience with in vitro drug release or dissolution testing is required.
- Working knowledge of Empower software for data acquisition and processing is required.
skills: HPLC, Analytical Chemistry
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.