We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the In Vitro Biology Group in (Waltham, MA) as a Scientist L1-2.
- The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary research and development team dedicated to small molecule drug discovery; independently conduct in vitro studies and be responsible for development and validation of a variety of biochemical and cell-based assays, following by iteratively testing compound potencies and characteristics.
location: Waltham, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $24.96 - 29.37 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- The successful candidate is also expected to support HTS/MTS campaigns.
- As an active member of high value project teams, candidate will work collaboratively with medicinal chemists, biologists, DMPK scientists, etc., presenting his/her results at team meetings and participating in decision-making discussions.
- With an appropriate sense of urgency, the successful candidate will bring valuable experiences to address scientific questions, and is expected to be open-minded to learning new skills and new ways to streamline workflows and drive priorities.
qualifications: Education & Qualifications
- BS with over 5 years or MS with 2-3 years of professional experience in developing in vitro assays in the biotech/pharmaceutical environment, or equivalent.
- NO PHD Submittials
- Experience working on early-stage drug discovery project teams is highly desirable.
- Experience with assay validation is a plus.
- Strict attention to detail and excellent communication (oral & written) skills are required.
- The candidate must be motivated to excel in both individual and team environments.
skills: Cell Biology, Assay Development, Assay Verification, In Vitro
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.