job summary: Job Title:
The position supports analytical requirements of both R&D and QA/QC operations. Performs advanced testing of various drug products, drug substances, calibration, qualification and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation; The position will develop analytical methods and validate said methods in accordance with GMP guidelines and transfer to and/or train other staff members in the proper use of the methods.
location: Cranbury, New Jersey
job type: Temporary
work hours: 9 to 5
- Perform routine and non-routine analysis on raw materials, drug substances, reference material and drug products using a variety of instrumental and wet chemistry techniques.
- Conducts calibration, qualification and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation (i.e., pH meter, HPLC, dissolution equipment, etc).
- Operates and maintain general analytical instruments (i.e., HPLC, dissolution apparatus, UV, IR, KF titrator, Coulometer, etc).
- Develop and validate test methods as required.
- Performs wet Chemistry tests on raw materials, in process samples and finished products.
- Prepares standard and sample solutions as required by the test methods.
- Maintains appropriate documentation (records and lab notebooks) as required by SOP's.
- Complies with all current current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and safety requirements, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and company policies and procedures.
- Education: Bachelor's of Science in Chemistry or related science from an accredited college of university and minimum of five (5) years of related laboratory work experience; or two or more years of experience as a Chemist; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge/Skills: The ability to work successfully in both a team/matrix environment as well as independently The ability to work in a fast paced environment, manage priorities and maintain timelines for multiple projects
- Mental Requirements: Ability to perform basic calculations, read, writes, communicate and handle stress produced by time pressure, customer demands, etc.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to walk, perform visual tasks related to a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility. Incumbents in this class are subject to extended periods of sitting, standing,
skills: HPLC, Analytical Chemistry, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.