job summary: Sr. Benefits Analyst
location: San Rafael, California
job type: Contract
salary: $26.56 - 31.25 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities
- Serve as subject matter expert for all company benefit plans with the ability to answer questions and provide information to employees as needed.
- Troubleshoot causes of benefits problems by working with IT, and benefits carriers as needed.
- Provide overview of benefits and assist with benefits enrollment for all new employees.
- Participate in benefit surveys and analyze information obtained from the results
- Maintain employee wellness program
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements for existing and new legislation; obtaining qualified opinions; enforcing adherence to requirements
- Leave of Absence Administration, including advising employees of the client, FMLA/CFRA, STD, SDI and PFL income. Coordinate leaves with Payroll.
- Updates employee benefit changes in Oracle HRIS, and audits against carrier change reports
- May assist with the planning & implementation of annual benefit Open Enrollment, and support employees during open enrollment process; resolve enrollment problems
qualifications: Education & Qualifications
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree or work equivalent
- Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Ability to listen well, comprehend and analyze situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop effective working relationships within all areas of the company
- Demonstrated knowledge of, benefits administration, HRIS systems, policy communication and administration, HIPAA, Worker's Compensation, and FMLA/CFRA
- Good presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel & PowerPoint), Microsoft Outlook and other various HRIS and reporting tools
skills: Benefits, HRIS, MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, MS-Powerpoint
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.