- Work in a GLP environment as part of a fast-paced team to develop and / or qualify assays used to support clinical sample testing.
- This position involves the extraction of analytes from biological matrices (for example, tissues, urine and plasma), with subsequent quantitative analysis using chromatography and mass spectrometry.
location: Framingham, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $31.85 - 37.47 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Daily operation and maintenance of chromatography equipment and mass spectrometers with supervision.
- The candidate should be able to work independently on the instrument and summarize data and results.
- The candidate should also maintain high quality documentation of his/her work and follow internal SOPs, including the summarization of results in laboratory notebooks and reporting results in LIMS systems.
- Preferably, candidates should have a B.S. or M. S. degree in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, or a related discipline
- 3-6 years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Experience in the following is essential: mass spectrometry and HPLC analysis techniques, equipment operations, biological sample processing.
- Direct experience with operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of triple quadrupole mass spectrometers would be a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, the capability to work on several projects concurrently, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment are essential for the position.
skills: HPLC, Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.