job summary: Technical Writing Consultant III Job Summary
The objective of this role is to document processes, work instructions and job aids for business functions. The business functions will use the documents in daily tasks, for training and for communicating with function leaders including Business Process Experts, Subject Matter Experts and IT Business Analysts.
location: Rancho Cordova, California
job type: Contract
salary: $82.81 - 97.43 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities
- Review existing documentation (provided through "TASK" level in the client's Framework)
- Attend process training sessions for assigned function(s.)
- Document process flows (Visio).
- Create process work instructions and job aids to accompany process flows. (Word; powerpoint; other tools as applicable.)
- Maintain a comprehensive list of technical terminology.
- Capture screen prints from SAP ERP and other software - with training provided and site "partner" for finding process screens
- Highlight key information or locations in screen shots - as applicable
qualifications: Education & Qualifications
- Past client experience Procedures/ Job Aids in Windchill
- Proven experience working in a technical writing position
- Ability to work with subject matter experts at different physical locations (virtual / skype meetings)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Visio, Powerpoint; Snipping and Editing tool)
- Experience documenting SAP processes a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Self starter/ tenacious to drive task completion
skills: MS-WORD, MS-Powerpoint, ERP System
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.