job summary: Associate Scientist III Job Summary
Associate Scientist III - Protein Characterization and Formulation Development
- What are the top 5 skills/requirements this person is required have?
- Required Skill 1: Ability to calculate concentrations of active and secondary components, convert between units and prepare solutions as needed.
- Required Skill 2: Measure and calculate protein concentration given an extinction coefficient using spectrophotometry. Understand Beers Law and significance of an absorbance spectrum.
- Required Skill 3: Accurately measure pH, prepare buffer solutions (see number 1).
- Required Skill 4: Understand the principals of chromatography and experience with SEC method set-up and interpretation of chromatograms.
- Required Skill 5: Understand how to use EXCEL to calculate solution concentrations, basic statistical calculations, preparation of graphs.
- What years of experience, education, and/or certification is required?
- Preferred degrees: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences. Experience BS 5 years minimum in industry or academia; MS 3-5 years minimum in industry and academia.
- What is a nice to have (but not required) regarding skills, requirements, experience, education, or certification?
- Statistical analysis (JMP); advanced analytical techniques (DSC, DSF/SLS, fluorescence, MALS etc); computational chemistry/modeling
- What is the environment that this person will be working in (i.e. group setting vs. individual role)?
- Independently but in a group setting
location: Worcester, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $29.51 - 34.72 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities
- Conduct laboratory-based analytical chemistry and formulation research activities with protein-based drug candidates.
- Conduct experiments to evaluate physicochemical properties of new biologic entities (antibodies, bispecific antibodies, antibody drug conjugates, fusion proteins) to identify any liabilities that could impact drug substance and drug product development.
- Execute experimental protocols and collect results, perform data analysis.
qualifications: Education & Qualifications
- BS, MS in Protein Chemistry (or equivalent i.e. Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry Biophysics, Pharmaceutical Sciences) with 5+ (BS), 1+ (MS).
- Manager is requesting to see candidates with Master's degree only. NO Ph.D's
- Hands on experience in protein biochemical/biophysical characterization and formulation development. Solid knowledge of protein biophysical stability and formulation design.
- Expertise in protein biophysical/biochemical characterization, including HPLC (SEC, CEX, HIC), DSC, UV-vis, fluorescence spectroscopy and icIEF. Must be willing and able to learn new technologies as needed.
- A highly responsible and self-motivated team player with good written and communication skills.
skills: HPLC, MS-EXCEL, Protein Purification
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.