The Histology Assistant Supervisor supervises day-to-day activities within the laboratory unit/group/area/department, performing laboratory analyses and tests to diagnose various pet and other animal illnesses, injuries and diseases in support of veterinarian animal treatment. Contributes to the development of operating policies and procedures.
location: Fountain Valley, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
- Be able to perform all testing in the department
- Supervises staff, assigns work, monitors activities and evaluates results and performance. Resolves escalated issues. Administers employment actions, provides coaching and guidance to staff and promotes staff training and development. Provides input to department policies and procedures, reviews and evaluations..
- Leads work activities of the lab unit/group/area/department, planning and organizing work, providing for adequate staffing, reacts to scheduling deficiencies in an effective manner, and maintaining work on schedule so that ongoing customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Contributes to maintenance of department diagnostic equipment and other technical resources. Coordinates with internal personnel, vendors and others as needed to resolve issues and maintain ongoing functionality.
- Maintain supply of reagents and consumables needed by department.
- Ensure that all Quality Assurance/Quality Control standards are met by staff.
- Ensure that monthly Tech and Aide audits are performed and documented.
- Prepares reports, presentations and other information summarizing work activities. Prepares various analyses as needed to highlight issues and resolve questions.
- Assist in development and management of financial budget requirements.
- Provide business review information to Lab Manager.
- Consult with clients to explain or resolve testing issues and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of changes and developments in the industry affecting work activities. May participate in outside industry groups and forums related to business activities.
- Reads, understands and follows applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), including safety and quality procedures. Maintains clean and organized work area. Restocks supplies as needed.
- May be asked to participate in enterprise initiatives, special projects, and other duties as assigned.
- We share a collaborative obligation to ensure that we conduct ourselves in the utmost ethical manner and that we hold each other accountable to the values and standards of the organization. Every employee has the responsibility to ask questions, seek guidance, and report concerns and/or violations of company policy or ethical standards. Antech Diagnostics has several processes in place to communicate with leadership and expects that employees will have a commitment to integrity and uncompromising values.
HT (ASCP) or HLT (ASCP) certified OR BS Degree OR Proof of current enrollment in a certified Histotechnician program.
Any of the aforementioned with minimum 2 years in a Histology lab and minimum 6 months of leadership / training experience.
- Supervisory skills and ability
- Prior diagnostic lab supervisor experience including hiring and performance management
- Proven leadership, motivational and mediating abilities
- Experience with the operations, testing and services of the area(s) supervised, including setting up, reading and releasing test results and troubleshooting equipment.
- Extensive laboratory skills and experience.
- Reasoning and analytical skills to resolve issues.
- Attention to detail
- Organized with ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Personal computer skills, including strong typing ability and proficient use of Microsoft Office
skills: Sample Preparation, Sample Testing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.