job summary: Lab Technician
Performs a wide variety of production tasks to support manufacturing aspects of products in accordance with standard procedure and direction. Maintain production area in proper working order through organization, performing routine maintenance of equipment, and general laboratory hygiene. Verify and ensure that proper processes and procedures are followed in accordance with SOPs. Proficiencies:
1. Ability to recognize variances in processes, procedure and results
2. Document variances and report
3. Meet production or project schedules
4. Works well with team
5. Follows directions
6. Ability to perform basic lab functions.
7. Proficiency with basic lab equipment
location: Newark, Delaware
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
- Makes and records detailed observations, analyzes data and interprets results.
- Maintains laboratory equipment and inventory levels for laboratory supplies. As required document and write experimental reports, summaries and protocols.
- Responsible for buffer preparation and including experiments as required and outlined.
- May also develop and maintain record keeping for production projects. Performs limited troubleshooting and calibration of instruments.
- Basic house cleaning including work area, equipment and testing supplies. Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature in which judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Education, Experience, Job Skills, Equipment Skills, and Certifications)
- AA degree in science or HS degree with equivalent work experience
- Has basic knowledge of lab operations
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Proficient with basic laboratory equipment and procedures required for the specific job (balance, ph meter, sterile technique, dilution, etc.)
skills: Biology, Chemistry, GCP (Good Clinical Practice), GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), Sample Preparation, Sanitation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.