- We are seeking a research associate to join our team which focuses on protein characterization using mass spectrometry-based technologies.
location: Framingham, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $31.85 - 37.47 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Sample preparation of biotherapeutic proteins, preparation of reagents, enzymatic digestions, and SDS-PAGE as well as the interpretation of analytical data.
- The candidate will work within an interactive, multi-disciplinary team working to characterize proteins in support of drug development.
- You will also work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and be required to prepare technical documents and presentations.
- The role will support both novel development and production characterization within Biopharmaceutical Development.
- Routine characterization/testing will be a part of the job responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, or related discipline with 2-4 years of hands-on laboratory experience OR a Master's Degree with 0-2 years of experience.
- The candidate should be self-motivated, well organized, with attention to detail, and good oral and written communication skills.
- You must be able to work well in a team environment and have good problem solving skills.
- Hands-on expertise in gel electrophoresis and the sample preparation of proteins for LC-MS is preferred.
- Knowledge of mass spectrometry techniques, chromatographic methods, laboratory automation, and automated data processing are a plus.
skills: Chemistry, Chromatography, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), Sample Preparation, Sample Testing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.