- Contract scientist position is available for a highly motivated and creative candidate to work on polymeric nanoparticle-based drug delivery systems for oncology drug delivery.
- This position will be responsible for polymer synthesis and analytical aspect of polymers and characterization of nano delivery products.
- This position will require management of all aspects of organic synthesis including concept, planning, production, tracking, recording, and data analysis.
location: Pearl River, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $41.23 - 48.50 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Major responsibilities will include monomer and polymer synthesis and characterization
- Design and execute experiments independently to evaluate the pre-clinical characteristics of nanoparticle drugs.
- Position requires no direct management of personnel
- PhD Degree with 0-3 years, MS degree with +5 years
- Ph.D. in organic synthesis chemistry, polymer chemistry or closely related discipline
- Previous industrial experience with monomer, polymer and nanomaterial synthesis in inert atmosphere and polymer characterization (GPC, NMR, HPLC, TGA, IV and DSC)
- The successful applicant will have extensive experience in laboratory research, and a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role.
- Broad knowledge and hands on experience in polymer and nanomaterial synthesis, analytical assay development for those raw materials is "must".
- Experience working with polymer is highly desirable.
- Candidates must have a strong foundation in synthetic chemistry and polymer chemistry with a record of achieving technology development and research goals on aggressive timelines through effective collaboration with all stakeholders. He/she will work under management to meet agreed targets
- Applicant should be organized, self-motivated and capable of working independently, and in a collaborative multi-disciplinary environment.
- Candidate should have strong oral and written communication skills, and demonstrated ability to contribute effectively to group projects in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to perform and interpret experiments reliably and to advance projects aggressively towards defined goals is expected.
skills: Analytical Chemistry, Assay Development
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.