- The Patient Services Operations contractor will oversee daily program operations and provide analytics reporting support for Company Oncology patient reimbursement and assistance programs. This role will support oral oncology products. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in managing patient support programs, knowledge of reimbursement systems, and expertise in program reporting analytics.
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $38.00 - 43.80 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Manage day-to-day operations, vendor interactions, customer and field relations for the Velcade Reimbursement Assistance (VRAP) and Company Oncology Commercial Co-Payment Programs.
- Ensure VRAP and Commercial Co-Payment program adherence to business rules and performance metrics.
- Update and maintain program business rules, SOPs, workflows, scripting, training and reports.
- Support management of vendor performance against contractual arrangements and to budget.
- Respond to internal ad hoc reporting and analytics requests program activity trends.
- Update and maintain performance dashboards to monitor program access trends, volume, and performance against defined KPIs.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5-8 years of experience within biotech/specialty pharmaceutical/pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience working in patient services operations and program analytics.
- Experience in managing hub vendor relationships from an operational perspective.
- Excellent analytical (qualitative and quantitative), strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-directed, hands-on approach, comfortable with broad and varied job responsibilities.
- Oncology/Specialty experience. Ideally with both oral and injectable products.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturer compliance requirements, patient confidentiality (HIPAA regulations), product reimbursement and product access.
- Knowledge of Medicare Parts A-D, Medicaid, and private payer policies, reimbursement process, health policy, areas of coverage, payment, coding, Specialty Pharmacy, and buy and bill.
- Customer 1st customer service orientation. Puts the customer at the center of all business activities.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate cross-functionally within the commercial oncology BU to support Company Oncology's patient access objectives.
skills: MS-EXCEL, Procurement
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.