job summary: Research Associate I Job Summary
The mission of Translational Biology is to conduct preclinical translational research evaluating potential therapeutics for severe rare diseases with unmet medical needs. We help provide proof-of-concept preclinical data in relevant disease models and data for understanding of mechanisms of action for these potential therapeutics.
The research associate will partner closely with a team of scientists from translation biology to provide technical assistance and support.
location: San Rafael, California
job type: Contract
salary: $29.34 - 34.52 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities
- Primarily be responsible for sample receiving, sample preparation, tissue extraction and perform routine assays to assess pharmacokinetics, efficacy and mechanism of action of potential therapeutics.
- Sample receiving and management.
- Prepare protein lysates and DNA/RNA from cells and tissues samples.
- Perform assays including but not limited to enzymatic activity, ELISA, PCR and western blot
- Maintain and expand cell culture
- Record data and notebook keeping
qualifications: Education & Qualifications
- Applicants should have a BA/BS in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or Genetics with at least 2-5 years of experience.
- Candidates with previous laboratory experience in protein/DNA/RNA purification, PCR, westerns, and/or cell culture will be preferred.
- Ability to follow protocols to perform experiments.
- Experience with handling animal tissues.
- Willingness to learn new molecular/biochemical procedures.
- The position requires organizational skills, self-motivation, teamwork, and dedication to quality in a fast-paced setting.
skills: Protein Purification, Cell Cultures
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.