job summary: Research Associate Job Summary
We are looking for highly motivated and hard working Research Associate I/II for molecular biology and protein expression group to coordinate and perform activities required to generate high quality research grade material to support therapeutic programs
location: San Rafael, California
job type: Contract
salary: $15.97 - 27.70 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities
- Molecular Biology, Expression vector cloning and DNA sequencing
- Proficiency in DNA analysis softwares like Vector NTI SNAPGENE etc.
- ddPCR and qPCR based quantitation of AAV samples
- Protein binding assays (ForteBio Octet, ELISA, Biacore)
- Excellent record keeping abilities and accurate documentation of experiments in ELN
- Writing protocols and presenting data in project and team meetings
- Communicate and collaborate in a cross-functional team
- Compliance with the lab safety proceedures
- Training opportunities will be available for additional techniques
qualifications: Education & Qualifications
- Minimum requirement BS in Biology or Biochemistry and 2-4 years of relevant experience
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in laboratory setting
- Demonstrable experience of molecular biology techniques
- Practical knowledge of DNA purification and working knowledge of softwares like SNAPGENE and Vector NTI
- Experience with protein binding assays (ForteBio Octet, ELISA, Biacore)
- Experience with flow cytometry is a plus
- Excellent record keeping abilities to adequately record, analyze and document data
- Highly motivated to work and actively contribute in the laboratory environment.
- Excellent communication skills and independent, multi-tasking and collaborative in a cross-functional team.
skills: Molecular Biology, Flow Cytometry
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.