- Responsible for implementing and optimizing experimental protocols in the areas of protein purification and analytics.
- Prior experience in recombinant protein purification from mammalian and/or bacterial expression systems using Akta FPLC systems is required.
- Hands on experience with high throughput purification, protein expression, tangential flow filtration or HPLC systems would be an added advantage.
location: Rockville, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $31.88 - 37.51 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Carefully executes and documents experiments/technical studies/tasks with minimal supervision, maintaining good scientific practice.
- Participates in experimental planning by applying critical thinking, experience and scientific knowledge to the data analysis.
- Interprets results and communicates to his/her supervisor.
- Operates and maintains designated lab equipment and trains others as needed.
- Participates in project meetings, contributes detailed oral or written summaries of results.
qualifications: Minimum requirements
- BSc or MSc in biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, virology, biophysics, structural biology, or other vaccinology-related disciplines
- BS plus 2 years or MS plus 0 years of experience in Protein Biochemistry.
- Prior experience in protein purification. Preferred requirements
- BS degree or above with 4 years work experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Vaccines strategy and objectives
- Good communication and presentation skills, ability to collaborate in multiple project work streams
- Ability to efficiently manage uncertainty, changes in priorities and timelines
Prior experience in recombinant protein purification from mammalian and/or bacterial expression systems using Akta FPLC systems is required. Hands on experience with high throughput purification, protein expression, tangential flow filtration or HPLC systems would be an added advantage.
skills: HPLC, Biology, Flow Cytometry
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.