job summary: Research Associate Job Summary
We are looking for highly motivated and hardworking Research Associate II/ III for the Biologics & Production Group to purify and characterize the highest quality protein therapeutics in support of our research programs.
location: San Rafael, California
job type: Contract
salary: $15.97 - 27.70 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities
- Purification and characterization of recombinant proteins produced in mammalian and E. coli expression systems.
- Purify tagged and untagged proteins using variety of chromatographic separation techniques (AEX, CEX, CHT, HIC, SEC, affinity)
- Analyze purified products using standard protein characterization methods including SDS-PAGE, CE-SDS, and SEC-MALS.
- Troubleshoot and optimize methods and procedures through data interpretation, identification of novel or alternate procedures and techniques
- Write protocols and present results in project and team meetings
qualifications: Education & Qualifications
- Education: Minimum requirement BS in Biology/ Biochemistry plus 4 years or MS plus two years of relevant laboratory experience preferably in a Biotech setting.
- At least BS plus four or MS plus two years of hands-on experience in a laboratory setting
- Demonstrated experience in untagged protein purification on the AKTA platform
- Experience with protein quantitation and binding assays (ELISA, ForteBio Octet, , Biacore) is preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills and record keeping abilities to document progress and results
- Highly motivated to work and actively contribute in a collaborative laboratory environment.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to work independently or as part of a cross-functional team.
skills: Protein Purification
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.