Our client is in growth mode and will be adding many jobs in 2019 - 2020. This is an exciting time to join this team as they plan there growth here in the US. The Laboratory Services Specialist (Sample Coordinator) will be responsible for sampling, submitting, organizing, handling, and disposing of samples and reference standards for the laboratory (Quality Control, Microbiology, and Analytical Method Validation).
location: Fenton, Missouri
job type: Permanent
salary: $35,000 - 40,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
Primary Functions of the Position:
- Perform raw material, water, and equipment cleaning verification sampling in support of microbiological and analytical testing.
- Submit finished product, raw material, and componentry samples for the laboratory.
- Order and maintain stock of necessary reference standards.
- Maintain samples and reference standards in an organized, and compliant manner with regard to storage conditions and controlled substance storage.
- Obtain samples and standards for testing from storage location as requested by laboratory personnel.
- Maintain chain of custody records for laboratory samples and standards.
- Dispose of laboratory samples and reference standards in a compliant manner, including final accountability of waste.
- Maintain records as needed electronically within the laboratory information management system.
- Maintain laboratory sample retains.
- Assist laboratory personnel as needed with solution preparation or other activities as needed.
- Assist with laboratory information management system master creation.
- Assist laboratory personnel by preparing, setting up and labelling reagents, buffers, diluents and any necessary equipment or consumables for testing as directed by laboratory personnel.
- Populate trending databases.
- Order, stock, receive, label, log and inventory laboratory supplies.
- Perform general laboratory maintenance.
- Revise SOPs as necessary.
- Follow cGMP, DEA and OSHA guidelines with regards to work practices and safety.
- Other duties, which may be assigned from time to time.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to interact and work well with members of multiple departments.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good knowledge of typical office computer systems and software.
- Sense of urgency on work related matters.
skills: Quality control, Manufacturing Operations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.