- Accomplished cellular biologist with Flow cytometry experience who will make substantial contributions to the conception and execution of multi-disciplinary research teams in immune-mediated skin diseases within a highly collaborative environment.
location: North Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $30.00 - 34.72 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- A primary responsibility of the successful candidate will be to establish keratinocyte and immune cell signaling assays to enable prosecution of drug discovery projects with application in immune-mediated skin diseases.
- He/She will investigate, identify, develop and optimize new methods / techniques to generate reliable and reproducible data in a timely manner.
- The candidate will interpret results and draw conclusions from own multistage experiments and suggest, design and pursue relevant experiments that further project goals.
- He/She will be expected to understand relevant scientific literature and apply theoretical framework to solving problems in a timely manner.
- Must independently schedule and prioritize workload to manage several tasks simultaneously and identify / utilize resources outside of own group.
- The candidate must be willing to work as part of a multidisciplinary research team in an exciting, fast-paced environment under the mentorship of a supervisor.
- BS and 4-7 years of experience, MS and 2-5 years of experience or PhD and 0-3 years of experience in Cellular Biology, Pharmacology, Immunology, or a related field
- Experience working with cell assays in a drug discovery setting is required.
- Strong scientific expertise in immunology and/or cellular biology preferably with a background in keratinocyte/epidermal skin biology highly desired.
- Highly developed communication skills and keen ability to engage internal and external team members in collaborative research.
- Cell biology/cell culture experience
- Flow cytometry experience
- MS Office experience
- Be able to work independently
- Be able to present data/findings to team
- Preferred Requirements:
- Prism Software experience
- Cytokine detection experience
- Experience in both biologic and small molecule therapeutic research a plus.
- Molecular biology technique experience preferred
skills: Molecular Biology, Immunoassays, Cell Cultures
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.